ALISON WEIR (Interview #34) Founder / If Americans Knew (Grass Roots Anti-Zionist Organization)
Auto-dubbed
Is It Antisemitic to Tell the Truth?
4,119 views Apr 18, 2026
ALISON WEIR (Interview #34)
IF AMERICANS KNEW (Founder/Director - Grass Roots Anti-Zionist Organization)
This interview, like all here (with the exception of a few in early 2011) was recorded in 2010. Alison Weir founded – and is the Director of – IF AMERICANS KNEW -- a grass roots organization that has sought to inform Americans about disturbing aspects of Zionism and Israel. Her convictions about Israel and Palestine especially began to formulate with independent visits to West Bank and Gaza in 2001.
Ms. Weir here discusses the difficulties of building a grass roots movement towards open information and critical inquiry about the state of Israel, the powers of the Israel lobby, the personal smears, insults, and defamations that come with the territory, the many journalists in the mass media with ties to Israel (even its military), censorship and risks of criticizing Zionism and Israel, her critique of mis- or under- reporting from news media outlets as diverse as the New York Times to National Public Radio, etc.
In 2014, Weir’s book about the subject of Israel-Palestine was published (AGAINST OUR BETTER JUDGMENT: THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF HOW THE U.S. WAS USED TO CREATE ISRAEL). The Anti-Defamation League has condemned Weir as “a prominent voice in the anti-Israel movement.” Quite contrary, an open letter with 2,000 signatures (including some prominent individuals with high ethical credentials) defended Weir against defamations by anti-Zionist (!) organizations, including attacks by Jewish Voice for Peace and the U.S. Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation.
From the IF AMERICANS KNEW web site:
“Whenever anyone works on the Palestinian issue, they are immediately accused of antisemitism. (This is sometimes intentionally planted). At times, such accusations are made by those who appear to be part of the solidarity movement. Naturally, this and similar accusations have been made against us. In 2014, After Alison Weir's groundbreaking book on the Israel lobby was published, Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP) and an affiliated organization made false claims against if Americans Knew and Alison Weir. (JVP did not inform readers that the executive director making the claims was married to an Israeli citizen working for an Israeli company closely tied to the Israeli military whose head is from Unit 8200, the IDF's notorious cyber warfare and intelligence unit.)”
====
Transcript
====
0:000 secondsMany people are very afraid to speak out on this issue and it's not paranoia.
0:077 secondsThey there are so many instances of people losing jobs, losing not getting tenure that they would have otherwise
0:1414 secondsgotten. Um being fired from a newspaper, losing their congressional race that
0:2121 secondsthey would have, you know, a 20 a man who'd been in Congress for 20 years was very popular with constituents.
0:2828 secondseventually talking about Palestine and getting pushed out by the Israel lobby by the manipulation of the Israel lobby.
0:3636 secondsSo the power of Zionists in this country is far greater than I had known before.
0:4444 secondsThat's one of the things that I think I've steadily learned about. And when you understand that power,
0:5151 secondsit's it's frightening in some ways.
0:5858 secondsIt's enlightening and and so there are so many people that are wellto-d do and you think this person they should speak
1:061 minute, 6 secondsout you know why don't they speak out and they even they are afraid afraid of the the pro-Israel power in this country.
1:301 minute, 30 seconds[applause]
1:341 minute, 34 seconds[applause]
1:401 minute, 40 secondsOkay. Um I was troubled by the presentation. It's um it was a total blame. the Jews approach. Um the whole
1:461 minute, 46 secondsproblem with the um Israel lobby blaming everything on the Israel lobby is that itarkens back to the protocols of the
1:541 minute, 54 secondselders of Zion. The infamous forgery done by the Russian secret police which is now taken as fact throughout the Muslim world and is actually enshrined
2:022 minutes, 2 secondsalong with the Torah and the Talmud in an Egyptian museum from what I hear. Um it's anti-semitism. It's updated instead
2:102 minutes, 10 secondsof blame the Jews, now it's blame Israel. The Jews control everything. Now it's at the behest of Israel. So it's
2:182 minutes, 18 secondsanti-semitism carried or morphed into a new form.
2:222 minutes, 22 secondsSo what you just saw what you you consider anti-semitism that talk? Yeah. Do you gentlemen agree? Absolutely. Yeah. Could you comment on that?
2:302 minutes, 30 secondsWell, it's they didn't uh they didn't balance anything. They didn't give any
2:382 minutes, 38 secondscontext. All they showed was dead Arabs and blamed it on Jewish soldiers. These were this is the work that Jews do. They
2:462 minutes, 46 secondsshoot in the head. The the number one cause we were told for Arab children being killed was shots to the head. Now,
2:532 minutes, 53 secondsdid she present forensics reports saying it whether it was a Galil round or an AK-47 round? No.
2:582 minutes, 58 secondsDo you agree with that the assertion of the gentleman an antise-semitism? I think one has to ask that question since it was a very one-sided biased attack
3:073 minutes, 7 secondsespecially the attack on Apac which with distorted numbers and distorted facts um and distorted historical facts. So you
3:153 minutes, 15 secondshave to ask what's the what's the purpose of this? It's one thing to present the horrors of war. It's another thing to sit there and present extremely biased presentation.
3:273 minutes, 27 secondsSo the purpose is anti-mitism in your view or what? I think it I think it could well be. I can't figure out what other reasons this person's doing this.
3:353 minutes, 35 secondsIt's a very fine line between what's anti-Israel and anti-semitism. Okay.
3:393 minutes, 39 secondsThis is um my name is Allison Weir. I'm director of If Americans Knew and my
3:463 minutes, 46 secondswritings and speeches are available for the public. I believe that everybody should have a chance to see what I've said and I hope that no I hope that it
3:543 minutes, 54 secondswill be reported honestly and accurately and fully. Um what's the personal cost to this to to you? I I don't mean maybe
4:024 minutes, 2 secondsmoney but I I think I know more. I mean I I know abstractly what you might be facing. Discuss that.
4:074 minutes, 7 secondsWell there is a some financial cost. You know I did have savings that I used on this that have
4:154 minutes, 15 secondsdwindled quite a bit. Um and I but I think also
4:244 minutes, 24 secondsthere there there are benefits and costs. you know, the costs are that I certainly, you know, financially there's been a
4:324 minutes, 32 secondscost there. There's a a cost of being attacked, of being
4:404 minutes, 40 secondscalled names, of, you know, having false things written about me on the internet.
4:464 minutes, 46 secondsSo, that's unpleasant.
4:494 minutes, 49 secondsuh there's the the cost the burden that now I know what's going on and
4:574 minutes, 57 secondsyou know having a responsibility to do something about it. So sometimes it would be easier to just not know and just live my life and not feel I had the responsibility to do something on this.
5:075 minutes, 7 secondsBut of course there are other issues that you might still feel and I probably I would still feel responsible for. So those are costs. But the benefit has
5:165 minutes, 16 secondsbeen that I've met a lot of very good people that are also working on this from different backgrounds all over the
5:235 minutes, 23 secondscountry from sometimes from different political backgrounds as well. So I've had the opportunity to meet people of
5:305 minutes, 30 secondsintegrity and of conscience and have become friends with people that are good people that I wouldn't have met otherwise. So that's a wonderful benefit
5:395 minutes, 39 secondsand and there's a benefit in in feeling that you're working for something that matters and that you're trying to do the right thing.
5:455 minutes, 45 secondsOkay. I spoke to those gentlemen as he left. I asked him what their opinion was of your and the first guy I talked to.
5:515 minutes, 51 secondsThe first thing he said what you had to say was a direct line from the elders the protocols of the
5:585 minutes, 58 secondselders of Zion to you. And I know what's your been your experience with it. Are you an anti-semite? Could you discuss
6:056 minutes, 5 secondsthat? Cuz I know the terrain. Could you discuss that?
6:086 minutes, 8 secondsWell, I think that that kind of response is just such an extreme bizarre. Just a bizarre response. You know, it tells more about the questioner than about me.
6:186 minutes, 18 secondsYou know, anybody that hears my talks, it's just weird. But okay, am I an anti-Semite? Um, you know, that's a little bit like, well, do I beat my
6:276 minutes, 27 secondschildren? You know, I don't even like to have to answer it, but I I'll be glad to tell about myself. It's I'm old enough that I have a life history. people can
6:346 minutes, 34 secondslook into it. And I have uh I have had and have always had lots of Jewish friends. I have children. They
6:426 minutes, 42 secondshave always and still have many Jewish friends.
6:466 minutes, 46 secondsUm I have I have a history of it being against racism of any sort, against bigotry of any sort.
6:546 minutes, 54 secondsAnd that's part of what motivates me because I feel that Zionism is a an ideology putting that in which you discriminate against other human beings.
7:077 minutes, 7 secondsOkay. But what I want to skew it towards and you is um is this a form of censorship itself? Could you discuss that? You're accused of you must be accused often. I mean, right?
7:177 minutes, 17 secondsSo could you discuss although interestingly not to my face?
7:217 minutes, 21 secondsIt's interesting that those people that made that charge didn't try to say it in public before a crowd that would have realized how absurd it was having just
7:297 minutes, 29 secondslistened to me. So I don't very often it's more after whispered or said to other people very you know you notice
7:367 minutes, 36 secondsthey had they had several chance to ask questions and they didn't ask me that question.
7:427 minutes, 42 secondsUm the charge of anti-semitism is has two purposes. One is to silence
7:507 minutes, 50 secondspeople because we don't like being splattered with mud. So, a lot of people don't want to be called that name and they would rather just talk about the
7:597 minutes, 59 secondsenvironment or needy poverty-stricken people and therefore you won't be called names for that. So, that succeeds in
8:088 minutes, 8 secondssilencing many people. It's the other intention is to discredit the person so
8:158 minutes, 15 secondsthat decent good people won't listen to them because we don't want to listen to somebody if we think that person is a racist or is bigoted. So it's for those
8:238 minutes, 23 secondstwo purposes that they use that illegitimate charge against so many people across the political spectrum.
8:308 minutes, 30 secondsThey use it against Jewish speakers all the time. Now and then they realize, oh that's that person is Jewish, so I guess I'll call them self-hating instead.
8:408 minutes, 40 secondsthey're calling wolf too often. Um it is some there is bigotry around and sadly
8:478 minutes, 47 secondsagainst many different populations including the Jewish population. But if they keep using this term so incorrectly
8:558 minutes, 55 secondsit it will grow to have no meaning whatsoever.
9:009 minutesThis may not be a question for you. I mean it might it might be for a Jewish individual but um does I've read this in Jewish context. That's
9:099 minutes, 9 secondswhy I bring up um does the Jewish community or the Zionist community need anti-semitism politically?
9:179 minutes, 17 secondsThat's a it's interesting to think about whether the Zionist community needs anti-semitism.
9:239 minutes, 23 secondsThey've a number of individuals have basically said that it is good for them. I'm trying to remember some of the quotes
9:309 minutes, 30 secondsI've read. For example, I think it was, well, this is different, but Netanyahu after 911, that tragedy in which close
9:399 minutes, 39 secondsto 3,000 Americans were killed, he said that was good for Israel.
9:439 minutes, 43 secondsUh, the early well, the sort of middle period Zionists, Ben Green and people like that felt that
9:539 minutes, 53 secondsHitler in some ways benefited their movement.
9:589 minutes, 58 secondsHe made the fairly well somewhat infamous statement that if he could save all the Jewish children of Europe by
10:0710 minutes, 7 secondsfinding refuge for them elsewhere or if he could only save half by finding, you know, only save half but have the
10:1510 minutes, 15 secondscreation of Israel, he would only save half. In other words, he would sacrifice a massive number of children for his
10:2210 minutes, 22 secondsideologyology. So I think that making the Jewish population fear that
10:3210 minutes, 32 secondseveryone hates them and is out to get them is one of the strategies Zionists have used.
10:3910 minutes, 39 secondsCould you discuss elaborate the censorship of your message? Pardon?
10:4310 minutes, 43 secondsThe censorship of your message. Could you elaborate on that please?
10:4510 minutes, 45 secondsThat with Michigan radio or other places?
10:4810 minutes, 48 secondsAny the whole of it but Michigan radio to start? Yeah. Okay.
10:5210 minutes, 52 secondsWhat's what's happened with this is sort of complicated. I'll try to think how to tell it as clearly as possible.
10:5910 minutes, 59 secondsThat's right. How do I get that all and and remain have it remain accurate.
11:0511 minutes, 5 secondsUm, basically with Michigan radio, which is the NPR affiliate of National Public Radio, actually, I just said it. Sorry,
11:1311 minutes, 13 secondsI'll start over. [laughter] Um, Michigan Radio is the NPR affiliate in Ann Arbor and Detroit and this region
11:2111 minutes, 21 secondsof southeastern Michigan. It's a very important station.
11:2511 minutes, 25 secondsWe tried to place a spot there, a very simple one where we would be one of those underwriters. You're a sponsor of the station. You give them about $1,000
11:3411 minutes, 34 secondsI think it is. And then they run I think about 10 spots. I don't remember the arrangement of your announcement saying
11:4111 minutes, 41 secondslike uh if Americans knew we'll be having presentations about media coverage of Israel Palestine
11:4811 minutes, 48 secondsin the coming period. It was a very simple kind of announcement. And at first the person that was being talked to at Michigan radio, one of their sort
11:5711 minutes, 57 secondsof salespeople had no problem. It was just moving forward. But apparently management came
12:0312 minutes, 3 secondsinto the picture at a point and said you can't run anything by if Americans knew
12:1012 minutes, 10 secondsthat's too political. You can't run that. So almost the same announcement that we wanted run could be run except
12:1812 minutes, 18 secondsit could not contain our name the name of our organization in it or our website if Americans knew.
12:2612 minutes, 26 secondsI looked into it further and I we're not a a political organization. We don't endorse candidates. We don't take stands
12:3312 minutes, 33 secondson legislation. We're a 501c3 taxdeductible educational organization.
12:4012 minutes, 40 secondsNow, yes, many groups could be seen as political in our society, but and so perhaps under certain definitions of
12:4812 minutes, 48 secondspolitical, maybe there's an argument that we're political. I looked at their list of donors of underwriters and I
12:5612 minutes, 56 secondsfound many organizations that are highly political that were acceptable to be underwriters by and to sponsor
13:0413 minutes, 4 secondsorganizations. One of them was the Jewish Federation of Detroit, I believe it was. If you look at their website,
13:1113 minutes, 11 secondsthey say we advocate for Israel. So if we're considered advocacy, which and we don't have that kind of
13:1913 minutes, 19 secondsstatement, they are certainly advocacy far more. And yet they are have been in the past and up to recently I believe
13:2813 minutes, 28 secondshave been able to be a sponsor of Michigan public radio and have their announcements broadcast.
13:3413 minutes, 34 secondsWhat we're now going to do is luckily I just what we started to do is tell the public about it. My my approach usually is journalistic. Everybody should know
13:4213 minutes, 42 secondsthis. I'm I I'm really not political in that sense. I really think that everybody in this country should get all facts and that we're most of us are
13:5113 minutes, 51 secondstrying to be decent people and value the principles of our nation and we should just have all the facts. So that's the
13:5913 minutes, 59 secondsmy approach to this one too. I think people should know that Michigan radio, it appears to me, is discriminating and censoring
14:0614 minutes, 6 secondsand people in in the listeners of Michigan public radio especially, should know about that. So, we sent I wrote
14:1414 minutes, 14 secondssome blog entries telling about the details of what happened, sent emails about it around, and I think they got a lot of responses. I've continued trying
14:2314 minutes, 23 secondsto call Michigan Public Radio. I can't get them to call me back or respond. So finally what we're planning to do now
14:3114 minutes, 31 secondsthat I'm in town, you see I was far away. It was on the west coast. I think they felt we have all the power because they have a lot of power and they felt
14:3914 minutes, 39 secondsthey judged the issue that they had a lot of power and didn't have to ever call me back or do anything that would be considered appropriate behavior. But
14:4814 minutes, 48 secondsI'm now in Ann Arbor. I've just given about three speeches. I've told a little bit about Michigan Public Radio and on
14:5514 minutes, 55 secondsMonday I will go to visit them in person.
14:5814 minutes, 58 secondsuh and to meet with Mr. ShraMM. Steve ShraMM is there. I believe he's the executive director, some title of that sort of Michigan radio.
15:0815 minutes, 8 secondsAnd I will meet with him and ask first of all, why is no one here returning my phone calls? I have said that I was hoping to be a sponsor. In other words,
15:1715 minutes, 17 secondsto give money to this public radio station. I assume that you need and want money from people. So, I'll try to ask
15:2515 minutes, 25 secondswhat's going on and I'll try to finally say what is wrong with this spot that
15:3215 minutes, 32 secondswe're trying to air. If there's something wrong, then maybe we can change the wording. You know, if there
15:4015 minutes, 40 secondswas something a problem with the content, all you needed to do was at least call and tell me what the problem with that content is. So we will I will
15:4815 minutes, 48 secondsfinally ask that question of someone in person and then it appears I'm hoping that
15:5515 minutes, 55 secondsother people will be coming along as well. The if there are many people then most of the people will stand
16:0316 minutes, 3 secondsoutside and will hand out information about Michigan public radio censorship of if Americans knew to everyone that
16:1116 minutes, 11 secondsgoes past everyone that goes in and out of the station. They won't be chanting.
16:1616 minutes, 16 secondsIt won't be any kind of direct action kind of thing. Again, it will be in a sense journalistic in a sense. They will
16:2316 minutes, 23 secondsbe there to tell the Ann Arbor community what is going on with Michigan public radio.
16:2916 minutes, 29 secondsUm, are you monitored? Are you on a list? I mean, part of that is every these two I've been to apparently there have been hecklers or something in the in the Could you discuss that?
16:3916 minutes, 39 secondsI I uh I think I'm Oh, yes. I am monitored. I just yes I definitely am monitored. The the reason I know that is
16:4816 minutes, 48 secondsthat recently I was giving uh some workshops in Seattle and Washington and some people were picketing the event outside
16:5616 minutes, 56 secondswhich is their their right to do. They were handing out papers to people about the event. So I went out to get one of
17:0417 minutes, 4 secondsthe papers to find out what it said and it turned out it was about 20 pages two shi sided sheets. So probably 40, you
17:1217 minutes, 12 secondsknow, sides of paper that were basically dossas on the various speakers at that event,
17:1917 minutes, 19 secondsincluding myself. There was I don't think this is what they were supposed to be giving us. I think this was their talking points, but that way I saw what
17:2717 minutes, 27 secondstheir talking points were. And so there are several pages about me, about Allison Weir. She gives a presentation.
17:3317 minutes, 33 secondsShe uses a soft voice. Well, I have a soft voice. And so it was a detailed discussion of what I say and what
17:4117 minutes, 41 secondsquestions they should ask me and how they should ask the question. So clearly I'm clearly some different groups are
17:5017 minutes, 50 secondsmonitoring me and if Americans knew uh they are planting people at times in my presentations
17:5917 minutes, 59 secondsboth to just watch and monitor it and in other cases to specific a specifically ask a question.
18:0918 minutes, 9 secondsI knew this even before this recent incident because back a number of years ago when I spoke at the University of
18:1618 minutes, 16 secondsCalifornia at Santa Cruz, there was an overflow crowd. It was very nice. And normally I show photographs while I
18:2418 minutes, 24 secondsspeak. The photographs that I took when I was in Gaza in the West Bank. That's what I do pretty much every time.
18:3018 minutes, 30 secondsIt's not hard to know what I will be saying or what I'll show. So in this case, there was a mistake. There was a student group that was
18:3918 minutes, 39 secondscoordinating it and myself and nobody had brought a projector.
18:4418 minutes, 44 secondsSo there was no way to show any any photographs at all. So I just gave my talk which happily was still very
18:5218 minutes, 52 secondssuccessful. Even the words without the pictures were was very successful. But some students had obviously come in late
18:5918 minutes, 59 secondswere standing at the back. The first person with his hand up I called on and clearly he had arrived late and hadn't
19:0819 minutes, 8 secondsbeen there for the full talk. So his question was the claim that he was just
19:1519 minutes, 15 secondssearching for the information about Israel Palestine and attending talks at many different campuses. And he said but
19:2219 minutes, 22 secondsthe trouble is when someone shows photographs the way you did that's so emotional that it gets in the way of the facts.
19:3119 minutes, 31 secondsBut I hadn't shown any photographs. So he had a question that had been written for him ahead of time or and that he
19:3919 minutes, 39 secondsthen asked and was foolish enough to not even know that I hadn't even shown any photographs. So that revealed that it was a planted question.
19:4819 minutes, 48 secondsCould you talk generally about the censorship you face in the whole uphill struggle of it? Well, the the censorship
19:5419 minutes, 54 secondsI guess what I face is that normally in I guess I'm trying to think
20:0220 minutes, 2 secondsbecause I haven't really thought about s you know censorship of me so much personally repression of information frame it that way whatever you
20:0920 minutes, 9 secondsyeah well with me personally often by this time having worked on this this
20:1620 minutes, 16 secondsissue this much one would think that I would be on more radio stations would be asked to be on, you know, would have been interviewed.
20:2420 minutes, 24 secondsThere would have been articles about me.
20:2620 minutes, 26 secondsOne would think that Democracy Now, many people will have assumed I've been on Democracy Now with Amy Goodman, but I never have been.
20:3520 minutes, 35 secondsuh the direct censorship that I'm I know about there about two cases that I know very directly personal censorship was in
20:4320 minutes, 43 secondsone case several years ago I was contacted by a a reporter for the Guanette newspapers
20:5220 minutes, 52 secondsthis was actually shortly after 911 when they were doing a lot of stories about the Middle East and somebody had told him oh you should talk to Allison Weir
21:0021 minutesand find out her story so he called me up and did a fairly long interview over the phone and was clearly interested and and surprised because most people are
21:0921 minutes, 9 secondspretty surprised to hear I just went over there by myself, especially in the middle of, you know, a very violent period of the uprising and Israeli
21:1721 minutes, 17 secondsrepression. So, he was clearly very interested to had a long phone interview with me and asked me to email him the
21:2521 minutes, 25 secondsthings I'd written while I was over there and said, "Can I call you back tomorrow? I'd like to continue the interview." So he interviewed me several times over
21:3321 minutes, 33 secondsthe course of a few days. Then he he he uh then he sent out a photographer from the
21:4021 minutes, 40 secondsGuanette chain to take pictures of me at home to use in his article. It was going to be a pretty major feature. It appeared. We were excited because this
21:4921 minutes, 49 secondswould have been help, you know, this is would get people to know more about the subject and also about our organization that was just beginning.
21:5721 minutes, 57 secondsSo, we had a website that we we had just was almost ready to go and we wondered if if the we wanted to make sure to have
22:0622 minutes, 6 secondsthe website up there if the article came up so that people would find it right away. So, we called up the photographer after she had taken my picture and said,
22:1522 minutes, 15 seconds"Did they ask you to mail the photographs or FedEx them so we know how much time we had?" She said they wanted them FedExed. So we quickly, you know,
22:2322 minutes, 23 secondsput our website up and then waited and then waited and then waited and then waited and after a few months I forgot
22:3122 minutes, 31 secondsabout it. I was busy doing lots of projects. I went to another place where I was interviewed by the local newspaper
22:3822 minutes, 38 secondsin in upstate New York. The local newspaper reporter did the typical interview outside speaker. You want to
22:4522 minutes, 45 secondsfill up your local newspaper, a small news, you know, small newspaper and uh took pictures. A few days later after I'd left the area, he he emailed me and
22:5422 minutes, 54 secondssaid, "I I had something happen I've never had before. Um, my boss killed the story. He wouldn't run it." He said,
23:0223 minutes, 2 seconds"I've never had that happen before." That reminded me of this Guanette reporter. And I thought, "Well, I wonder if the story came out and I just didn't
23:0923 minutes, 9 secondsnotice it, you know, because of all this." So, I emailed that reporter with forwarded this message and emailed him
23:1723 minutes, 17 secondsand said, "Did the story come out and I just missed it or did the same thing happen to you?" He emailed back to me
23:2423 minutes, 24 secondsand said, "You didn't miss it. It was the same thing." My boss said it was quote missing something and wouldn't run it.
23:3423 minutes, 34 secondsWhat's especially interesting is that about a year later or a few years I I I could find out but I don't remember now
23:4223 minutes, 42 secondslater after we had invaded Iraq there was a story by the same reporter about another organization Voices in the
23:5123 minutes, 51 secondsWilderness that opposed the invasion of Iraq and and that was telling Americans the facts about Iraq. He did a story
23:5923 minutes, 59 secondsabout that or organization. It was a very good story. It was wonderful that that got in the newspaper. So he could get in a story that was critical of the
24:0824 minutes, 8 secondsUS government and that told about Iraq, but he couldn't get in a story that was critical of the Israeli government and the told about Palestine.
24:1924 minutes, 19 secondsPlease the fear factor to this the thing about the job losing jobs. I've heard this. I know this. I mean would you discuss that those people would like to
24:2724 minutes, 27 secondsactually join you? Is it can you discuss the issues to that? Many people are very afraid to speak out on this issue and
24:3624 minutes, 36 secondsit's not paranoia. They there are so many instances of people losing jobs, losing not getting tenure that they
24:4424 minutes, 44 secondswould have otherwise gotten. Um being fired from a newspaper, losing their congressional race that
24:5224 minutes, 52 secondsthey would have, you know, a 20 a man who'd been in Congress for 20 years was very popular with constituents.
24:5924 minutes, 59 secondseventually talking about Palestine and getting pushed out by the Israel lobby by the manipulation of the Israel lobby.
25:0725 minutes, 7 secondsSo the power of Zionists in this country is far greater than I had known before.
25:1425 minutes, 14 secondsThat's one of the things that I think I've steadily learned about. And when you understand that power,
25:2225 minutes, 22 secondsit's it's it's frightening in some ways.
25:2925 minutes, 29 secondsIt's enlightening and and so there's so many people that are wellto-do and you think this person they should
25:3625 minutes, 36 secondsspeak out you know why don't they speak out and they even they are afraid afraid of the the pro-Israel power in this
25:4525 minutes, 45 secondscountry discuss the profound difficulty of there's the Zionist
25:5325 minutes, 53 secondspower then there's the issue if the Jewish issue of that the borders on anti-semitism yet as some local Jews
26:0226 minutes, 2 secondshave told pointed out to me the Jewish federation all these institutions that are Jewish and religious the people who do the
26:0926 minutes, 9 secondssynagogue all that that the issue is for them some of them that will the issue is not just Zionist they're entwined I mean
26:1826 minutes, 18 secondsit's a can of worms and it's very delicate what's your take on that well the thing is that pretty much all
26:2526 minutes, 25 secondsof us at least all the people I'm associated with that are going around trying to give the facts on Israel Palestine
26:3326 minutes, 33 secondswill consistently be very careful to delineate between Judaism and Jewish and
26:4026 minutes, 40 secondsIsrael and Zion Zionism. We make great efforts to do that.
26:4626 minutes, 46 secondsOn the other side, we have the Anti-Defamation League, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the ant Jewish Anti-Defamation League, the
26:5626 minutes, 56 secondsJewish Federations around the country, Jewish Relations Community Councils, I think they're called, around the
27:0327 minutes, 3 secondscountry, hills on campuses all over that are merging the two. They are the ones that are merging what Israel is doing
27:1227 minutes, 12 secondswith Judaism, with being Jewish in America. They're the ones that are intentionally blurring and saying there's no difference that are
27:2027 minutes, 20 secondsintentionally not just blurring the division. They're they are saying we're one and the same. Once I spoke at Vassor
27:2727 minutes, 27 secondsand was saying this is not this doesn't represent all Jewish Americans. This doesn't represent all Israelis. And this
27:3427 minutes, 34 secondsone student who was clearly, you know, raised to be pro- Israel and I think clearly raised to be a Zionist, which means, you know, pro-Israel.
27:4427 minutes, 44 secondsAnd uh he said, "No, you know, Israel does represent all Jews, you know." So, so if
27:5227 minutes, 52 secondsto me that is causing that's what's causing potential damage to the Jewish population here
28:0028 minutesbecause Israel, the Israeli government, Israeli forces are committing horrible atrocities and war crimes. They are
28:0828 minutes, 8 secondsbeing documented. Many of us are going over and seeing them.
28:1228 minutes, 12 secondsAnd so to have the ADL and the Jewish Federation say, "Oh, Israeli actions represent all Jewish Americans." That is
28:2128 minutes, 21 secondsgoing to create anti-Jewish feeling. Not what I'm doing. It's what they are doing. And I think that more Jewish Americans are starting to realize that
28:2928 minutes, 29 secondsand are saying, "Wait a minute, that doesn't stand for me. I don't agree with that. That doesn't represent my beliefs and my values."
28:3728 minutes, 37 secondsDiscuss um the media issue. you have a list of people who are quote agents for the Zionist military, whatever. Could you discuss that?
28:4728 minutes, 47 secondsYes. The the the media cover again, I focus on the media because I think that in a democracy and especially a large
28:5528 minutes, 55 secondsdemocracy or a republic, you know, we're a democratic republic.
28:5928 minutes, 59 secondsThe way we get it, it's very important that we be well informed because when we vote, we'll vote on the information that we have. The way we get most of our
29:0829 minutes, 8 secondsinformation is through the media. You know, most pe most of us can't travel all over the country to learn everything. We certainly can't travel all over the world to learn everything.
29:1829 minutes, 18 secondsSo, especially foreign news, Israel, Palestine, we rely on the media to give us that information. And some of us try
29:2529 minutes, 25 secondsto read, maybe we'll try to read diverse publications. And I think it's smart to even read from, even if you're a liberal, read conservative
29:3429 minutes, 34 secondsuh news organizations. If you're conservative, read liberal ones. You know, let's just all try to get the facts. Well, it turns out on Israel
29:4129 minutes, 41 secondsPalestine that even if you do that, you're not going to get the facts in in this country. Occasionally, if you go to the
29:4929 minutes, 49 secondsoccasionally, you'll get some of the facts, but overall, you will get a distorted view of what's going on. You will get an inaccurate view.
29:5729 minutes, 57 secondsSo, I've been looking into why is this happening? What's going on? Partly what's happening is of course most newspapers don't have their own
30:0430 minutes, 4 secondsjournalist over there. There are small number of journalists in the region overall that are the gatekeepers of what we read and see on TV back here.
30:1530 minutes, 15 secondsUh then so what those journalists are doing there do come back to editors that then decide what what goes into the
30:2230 minutes, 22 secondsnewspaper or on television. So those are also gatekeepers. There are sort of two levels. But let's look at the region.
30:2930 minutes, 29 secondswho is really reporting on on this?
30:3330 minutes, 33 secondsAnd it's it's interesting. It's difficult to find those answers because the media who are supposed to believe in the public right to know that's what our
30:4130 minutes, 41 secondsprofession is supposed to be. Let's get all the facts out to the public. And yet these media won't answer those questions about themselves the way they should. Um
30:5130 minutes, 51 secondsso they won't tell you. But you can look into it and use other sources. And in doing that, I and other people have
30:5830 minutes, 58 secondsdiscovered that many of the reporters and journalists over there in Israel
31:0531 minutes, 5 secondsPalestine reporting for the American media have close ties to the Israeli
31:1231 minutes, 12 secondsmilitary, not just to Israel, to the Israeli military. Ethan Bronner is the bureau chief for the New York Times. The
31:2031 minutes, 20 secondsNew York Times is probably the most influential newspaper in the United States. Their bureau chief is extremely
31:2831 minutes, 28 secondspowerful, therefore in determining what Americans learn about is real Palestine and especially what we don't learn. His son is in the Israeli military.
31:4231 minutes, 42 secondsHe is a clear partisan on this issue.
31:4631 minutes, 46 secondsNow, think of it. It's a foreign conflict. We have two populations fighting one another and we have a
31:5331 minutes, 53 secondsjournalist who's intimately connected to the military of one of those two populations. We're not getting the full
32:0032 minuteshonest objective coverage on that that I think we feel that we need as Americans.
32:0632 minutes, 6 secondsSo either if people think, well, no, that's good because then he'll be really um embedded in the culture and in the military and get all the facts. If
32:1432 minutes, 14 secondsthat's of value, then let's also have a journalist embedded in Palestinian culture and land as well and get the
32:2232 minutes, 22 secondsfact the full facts from both sides. Or probably better yet, let's have people that are not embedded either place but
32:2932 minutes, 29 secondsthat are doing good job in reporting. So we we learned about Ethan Bronner. Then it turned out it's not just Ethan Bronner. Uh Jeffrey Goldberg who is a pundit that's off often on television.
32:4132 minutes, 41 secondsHe's at the Atlantic. He used to write for the New Yorker. He writes for many places. His book review of Jimmy Carter's book was in the Washington
32:4932 minutes, 49 secondsPost. He served himself in the Israeli military. He was um a prison guard at
32:5632 minutes, 56 secondsone of the worst prisons that Israel has. So this is Jeffrey Goldberg. he might still be in the Israeli reserves because most of the time when you're are
33:0533 minutes, 5 secondsin the Israeli Israeli mil military, you're required to stay a reserve officer for many decades till about the age I think of around 45.
33:1633 minutes, 16 secondsSo, is he even still in the military? I don't know. He won't answer those questions. If he's not in the military,
33:2433 minutes, 24 secondswhat kind of dispensation did he get? Is it because he's a journalist here and he's serving them better that way? and so he didn't have to do his required service.
33:3433 minutes, 34 secondsSo those are are two significant people.
33:3633 minutes, 36 secondsThere are many more. The uh one of the former bureau chiefs of the New York Times himself served in the Israeli
33:4333 minutes, 43 secondsmilitary. Another man, I can't remember his name right now, who had been a journalist in the Middle East for 14
33:5133 minutes, 51 secondsyears for major American media, had had a son in the Israeli military during that time. Isabelle Kersner, another
33:5833 minutes, 58 secondsjournalist for the New York Times, is herself an Israeli citizen.
34:0334 minutes, 3 secondsThere's universal compulsory military service in Israel. Did she serve in the Israeli military?
34:1134 minutes, 11 secondsIf she didn't, maybe she became uh an Israeli citizen later in life. So maybe she didn't. But did her family, you
34:1934 minutes, 19 secondsknow, does she have family members in the Israeli military? This should be divulged to us.
34:2634 minutes, 26 secondsAnother journalist who's based in the region, Jonathan Cook, did an excellent article where he told meeting with some
34:3434 minutes, 34 secondsreporters there saying that many of them, many of the reporters for American media there served themselves in the
34:4234 minutes, 42 secondsIsraeli military. They brag about it if you just have coffee with them or they go to the bars where journalists hang out. And many of them will talk about
34:5034 minutes, 50 secondsserving with the IDF, the Israeli military.
34:5434 minutes, 54 secondsYou mentioned NPR. You mentioned her. He didn't. He didn't.
34:5734 minutes, 57 secondsOh, thank you. That's right. NPR is one of the big ones. National Public Radio.
35:0135 minutes, 1 secondThat's where many people in this country think, well, this is more reliable information than the commercial media. I listen to NPR. It's perceived as more
35:1035 minutes, 10 secondsintellectual. It's perceived as being somewhat liberal, progressive, etc.
35:1435 minutes, 14 secondsThat's the perception. They listen to NPR. Well, NPR's primary reporter from the region is Linda Gradstein. Linda
35:2235 minutes, 22 secondsGradstein's husband was a sniper for the Israeli military.
35:2835 minutes, 28 secondsThat's NPR's major reporter. And it's not only that these are serious
35:3435 minutes, 34 secondsviolations of conflict of interest, conflict of partiality is the way the New York Times has it in the in its
35:4235 minutes, 42 secondsethics statements. These shouldn't be allowed.
35:4535 minutes, 45 secondsBut so it's not only that there's this human nature that we know somebody is very likely to be partisan if they have
35:5435 minutes, 54 secondsa connection to an issue. It's not that they always will be, but we know that's likely. Therefore, we have ethics statements where if you have a tie to
36:0336 minutes, 3 secondssomething, you should recuse yourself from that. You know, that's not because everybody will be corrupt, but we know it's possible.
36:1136 minutes, 11 secondsSo, it's not just that very valuable, wellaccepted principle that's at work here. It's also the fact that when you look at the work of these people and
36:2036 minutes, 20 secondsstudied and analyze it, it is pro-Israel. Ethan Bronner consistently gives us the Israel spin. He leaves out
36:2836 minutes, 28 secondssignificant facts about Palestinians. He leaves out the international law that would be appropriate to tell. So, he is
36:3636 minutes, 36 secondsgiving us Israel spin. It's well documented. The same with Linda Gradstein with NPR. They consistently uh
36:4436 minutes, 44 secondspeople have analyzed their coverage and it is pro Palestinian coverage. So it's not only that they appear that they
36:5036 minutes, 50 secondswould have a part partisanship. Their journalism reveals a partisanship.
36:5636 minutes, 56 secondsWell, could you discuss the moral imperative to this? You could have turned your you could have turned it's a lot of hassle to I even to even address
37:0437 minutes, 4 secondsit at any level. You discussed the morality and how that plays in there's a lot of things you could have did other than what you're doing.
37:1137 minutes, 11 secondsThat's true. I think that uh I think that it just feels morally required to
37:1837 minutes, 18 secondsdo this. I grew I did grow up being taught a very simple rule about doing unto
37:2637 minutes, 26 secondsothers as you would have them do unto you. And I've always thought that's really hard. You know, most of us can't do that as well as we should should do
37:3537 minutes, 35 secondsit. I've always thought that's far more than I can ever live up to, but you at least try to live up to it somewhat. And
37:4237 minutes, 42 secondsnow in this case, I I know it so well and I know that I could without that great a cost, we really could make such
37:5137 minutes, 51 secondsa a change in in human lives. So, I think it's it's morally required. And I
37:5837 minutes, 58 secondsthink that the the difficult thing for me sometimes to understand is the people that that know the facts. Most people
38:0738 minutes, 7 secondsdon't and that that's why they're not doing anything about it on this issue.
38:1138 minutes, 11 secondsBut once you know the facts, I don't really understand how you could not do something on it.
38:1738 minutes, 17 secondsDo you know anything about the Anti-Defamation League? Um they got there was a lot of news about them in the 80s in San Francisco, their monitoring of peace groups and stuff. Do
38:2538 minutes, 25 secondsyou have any ideas about or association or any information about that?
38:3038 minutes, 30 secondsNo, I I you know, you know, they did spy on people for a while and that sort of thing and and that was they had to pay a
38:3838 minutes, 38 secondsa large outofc court settlement over a case of intruding and spying on groups and on individuals. I don't know if the
38:4638 minutes, 46 secondsADL is to what degree they're they're still doing that type of thing. They're still doing that type of thing. There's no doubt. I don't know.
38:5538 minutes, 55 secondsif or how much they're doing that is outright illegal. I haven't seen anything more.
39:0239 minutes, 2 secondsCould you please discuss what triggered this for you? What what was the event or situation or where did you start? Boom.
39:0939 minutes, 9 secondsYou had to do this. What happened?
39:1139 minutes, 11 secondsWell, there wasn't a single event that brought the change here. Sometimes there is sometimes you can identify a moment and people will ask me for that and um but there there wasn't a single event.
39:2139 minutes, 21 secondsIt was a sort of an evolution. I think it was that um the current the the pal second
39:2839 minutes, 28 secondsPalestinian uprising that began in fall of 2000 occurred at a time when just after my youngest son had started
39:3639 minutes, 36 secondscollege. So all of my kids were out of the home and I had a little more time to to be interested and involved in other things outside of family and outside of
39:4439 minutes, 44 secondswork. And so I think that was the period when it was in the news periodically.
39:5039 minutes, 50 secondsIsrael Palestine is more in the news than other times. It was in the news then, so I was paying attention to it.
39:5639 minutes, 56 secondsAnd I specifically noticed that I'd never really studied it. I didn't know that much about it. It was right in the news. So, I started following it. That
40:0540 minutes, 5 secondsmade me more and more curious, especially because after a while, I especially noticed that I I just didn't think I was
40:1240 minutes, 12 secondsgetting the full story. I especially used to listen to NPR a lot. Linda Gradstein was reporting and I I you know
40:1940 minutes, 19 secondsshe'd tell about Israelis and there'd be quot Israelis would be quoted and that sort of thing and but not very much Palestinians.
40:2740 minutes, 27 secondsSo that kind of perception that there was a one-sided reporting that it was
40:3440 minutes, 34 secondssignificant that it was maybe a cover up and then because there was the internet in a way it wasn't that there was a single factor but the fact that when I
40:4340 minutes, 43 secondsbecame curious about it there was a way to get the facts other than the media.
40:4840 minutes, 48 secondsSo I then went on the internet and started looking and the Israeli media, the Palestinian media, international
40:5540 minutes, 55 secondsorganizations, individuals over there were all reporting this in great detail.
41:0141 minutes, 1 secondSo suddenly there was this wealth of information where I was learning what was going on and how violent Israeli
41:1041 minutes, 10 secondsforces were and that children were being injured and killed in large numbers that I was learning that information and then
41:1741 minutes, 17 secondsNPR wasn't bothering to report it or they'd sort of when I knew what was going on I could see how much they were leaving out and the San Francisco
41:2441 minutes, 24 secondsChronicle and the New York Times. So that built up after time. I looked into it more and more and then after a few months made the decision to go and
41:3341 minutes, 33 secondsreally see it for myself. And then when I was there firsthand seeing it for myself that that was that made it
41:4141 minutes, 41 secondsincumbent on me to come back and tell people the fact at that point there was really no chance I was not going to work on it.
41:4741 minutes, 47 secondsThis next question I'll turn it off if you don't want to answer on camera.
41:5041 minutes, 50 secondsOkay. I'm curious. I would be afraid to go to Israel. You had you went to Gaza recently, right? I'd be afraid to go back there given just what little I've
41:5841 minutes, 58 secondsdone. I mean, in terms of my bad one, I'd be I'd be concerned for my safety.
42:0342 minutes, 3 secondsCan you talk about that freely or Well, what in which what sense?
42:0642 minutes, 6 secondsYou have to go through Israel to get to Gaza.
42:0942 minutes, 9 secondsYeah. Am I afraid that Israel would go to Gaza? And then you know, I actually did go to Gaza through from Cairo. So, I did go from Egypt.
42:1742 minutes, 17 secondsOkay. Okay. Uh but I have gone back.
42:2142 minutes, 21 secondsWhenever you go, you're going through Israeli checkpoints. You know, when I go to the West Bank, you're going through Israeli forces.
42:2942 minutes, 29 secondsWhat about your safety there? Not from the Palestinians, from the other side.
42:3242 minutes, 32 secondsYou showed all the documentation of the journalists who That's right.
42:3642 minutes, 36 secondsWhat's your What was your sense? No, I I it some people have said I shouldn't go
42:4542 minutes, 45 secondsback because they do think it's possible that Israeli forces would kill me. Uh if they did that,
42:5242 minutes, 52 secondsthe way they probably would do it would be make it appear that it had been a Palestinian. You know, they they often infiltrate. They're very good at, you know, they go and do these
43:0143 minutes, 1 secondassassinations and they they dress as though they're Palestinians, etc. So if they did it, that's probably the way they would do it.
43:0943 minutes, 9 secondsAnd I don't think it's impossible that that would happen. So I'm a little, you know, that's a little scary to think that could happen.
43:1843 minutes, 18 secondsBut that's but mostly I don't think it will happen. And I think that the more that I've spoken publicly and the more
43:2643 minutes, 26 secondspeople that are learning this issue so that there are lots and lots and lots of people doing this then just if they did choose to assassinate me it wouldn't matter
43:3443 minutes, 34 secondsbecause there'd be so many people doing it that I think that makes me much safer. So I think the more I tell people the facts the more lots and lots of
43:4243 minutes, 42 secondspeople are doing this. There are now lots of people that have gone over and seen for themsel and are now giving speeches and are telling their campuses or their churches or their synagogues.
43:5343 minutes, 53 secondsThere are a lot of people doing it. So I think the more people that are doing it, the safer that I am.
43:5843 minutes, 58 secondsAnd what what is your sort of strategy or your going as you can from churches and could you discuss that what you're trying to do how you're trying to
44:0744 minutes, 7 secondsdeliver your message and what the response is pro and con?
44:1044 minutes, 10 secondsThat's right. Well, we're trying to deliver the message lots of ways. So, I do a fair amount of speaking, but
44:1744 minutes, 17 secondsprobably the most people are being reached by our website. We have a website that we have tried to make very
44:2444 minutes, 24 secondsfactual and clear for people and sometimes gets there have been periods where I think we got a million hits a
44:3244 minutes, 32 secondsmonth. So, we're getting more and more people are seeing our website. So in some ways our internet presence is might be one of the most important things.
44:4044 minutes, 40 secondsI've written quite a few articles now about different aspects mostly they're rarely commentaries. They're mostly just more information to get out to people.
44:4944 minutes, 49 secondsUh usually those are first published on Counterpunch which is excellent or in magazines like the Washington Report for Middle East Affairs or a few other
44:5844 minutes, 58 secondspublications and then they're also on our website as well. So we have the my articles, our our website. We also are
45:0745 minutes, 7 secondsmaking some of our own videos. Those are on YouTube and on our website. And then in addition to that, I do speaking when I'm invited to mainly we don't set up
45:1745 minutes, 17 secondsspeaking tours, but groups will invite me to come and speak. So I'll speak around most often on college campuses
45:2445 minutes, 24 secondsbut sometimes in public library venues sometimes Rotary clubs sometimes churches less probably churches much
45:3345 minutes, 33 secondsless often than campuses but that diverse types of locations there's are you David and Goliath and
45:4145 minutes, 41 secondsthat I mean how what's you discuss that to kind of how you're one individual you're quote average person right you don't own
45:4945 minutes, 49 secondsany banks you don't own. Could you discuss even the psychology of what it takes for you to go up against a virtual wall?
45:5745 minutes, 57 secondsYeah. Well, we are David against Goliath. Very small David and a very big Goliath. Um it uh
46:0646 minutes, 6 secondsI I fairly early, you know, I started into this knowing really very little about all of this and just kept learning
46:1346 minutes, 13 secondsand learning. And once I became active, I knew that it was a major obstacle, but I, you know, I don't think then I I know
46:2246 minutes, 22 secondsI didn't know as much then as I now know about what I'm up against.
46:2646 minutes, 26 secondsUh, I had inklings of it, but I didn't know that how major this is and how massive it is. But I still would have
46:3346 minutes, 33 secondsdone it. I still would have started this and and I'm still going to continue it.
46:3846 minutes, 38 secondsI think what keeps me going are probably two things. One is that I I think it's just morally required.
46:4846 minutes, 48 secondsAnd even more than that, I was over there speaking to Palestinian mothers. And I'm a mother.
46:5646 minutes, 56 secondsAnd if I were in trouble and needed help and he had people far away that are really responsible for my suffering and
47:0547 minutes, 5 secondscould fix it, I would desperately need them to do the right thing and to tell what was going on about me because they
47:1247 minutes, 12 secondscould fix it and therefore I'm going to do that for them. So that's that's one reason that that I won't stop. Um, the
47:2147 minutes, 21 secondsother reason is I really do think we can and will succeed because I even though I'm one person, there are many people
47:2847 minutes, 28 secondsaround that have been trying to to work on this and have been doing things for many years, there are many people that are just discovering it that are working
47:3647 minutes, 36 secondson it. Now, when I go around the country, it's somebody there has brought me. You know, sometimes they're new to the issue and they've decided they're
47:4447 minutes, 44 secondsgoing to risk their career. they're going to risk the the fact that somebody at their college will be pro-Israel,
47:5147 minutes, 51 secondstheir department head or their president or the big donors to the university will be pro- Israel and they might be
47:5847 minutes, 58 secondsjeopardizing their job and their livelihood and they've brought me and are bringing other speakers. So many of us are doing this. There are more of us.
48:0848 minutes, 8 secondsThere are more of us. They're just not not enough of us know that yet. So I think and and this is a changeable
48:1648 minutes, 16 secondscountry when Americans learn the facts we've brought change on other issues that nobody thought would be coming anytime in our lifetimes and it did come
48:2448 minutes, 24 secondsin our lifetime. So I think we can succeed. I really think we can and I hope and expect to do it in in my lifetime.
48:3248 minutes, 32 secondsCatastrophic ignorance about all this.
48:3448 minutes, 34 secondsWhat's your do you have a strategy or do you have a you know how how do you reach people essentially when you're not a multi-million dollar media corporation?
48:4548 minutes, 45 secondsWhat's your thoughts?
48:4648 minutes, 46 secondsWell, a lot of our thoughts are really grassroots outreach. That's why usually the when I speak across the country in
48:5348 minutes, 53 secondsall these different locations, the question I hear most often is what can we do about this? So, people seem to be
49:0049 minutesenergized and motivated to do something about it. And the thing I say is the first thing we all need to do is tell others is get this information out. We
49:0949 minutes, 9 secondswe produce these written materials and these DVDs and fact sheets and cards that people can distribute. We have email lists. Everybody has email lists.
49:1949 minutes, 19 secondsWe're distributing it that way. There's Facebook that more and more people are using. So I feel that in a way my speeches are a little bit like throwing
49:2749 minutes, 27 secondsa throwing pebbles in a pond. you know, it's just you're only you'll never hit more than a few hundred people at most
49:3449 minutes, 34 secondsand sometimes far fewer, usually far fewer, but it's a pebble in that pond and the the circles go out from that.
49:4349 minutes, 43 secondsThat's happening all over. So, the circles are going out from each of these speeches and then we have all of these people now, some of whom were already
49:4949 minutes, 49 secondsworking on it. Many new people each time more motivated with specific materials they can take to educate their
49:5649 minutes, 56 secondsneighbors, their whole communities. So I feel that it's actually having a real difference. I think people underestimate
50:0350 minutes, 3 secondsthe power of grassroots movements. It is usually grassroots roots movements that bring major change especially where
50:1250 minutes, 12 secondsjustice issues are involved. So I I think you know at times it seems impossible how you know compared to CNN
50:1950 minutes, 19 secondshow are we going to have any any kind of impact but we have these new techniques that we didn't have before. We have a
50:2750 minutes, 27 secondspublic where threearters of the public don't have strong views. Interestingly, even though they're getting the Israeli
50:3450 minutes, 34 secondsspin everywhere they turn, even when it's not obvious, that's largely what they're getting, what we're getting.
50:4150 minutes, 41 secondsNevertheless, they've they seem there seems to be enough common sense among Americans that threearters will still
50:4950 minutes, 49 secondssay we shouldn't take sides, which means they sort of know this is not clear. you know, I shouldn't be involved in
50:5650 minutes, 56 secondssomething I'm not quite sure about and let's stay out of it. So, threearters means that they're quite reachable. That
51:0351 minutes, 3 secondsCNN and the New York Times and Fox News and NPR with all of their
51:1051 minutes, 10 secondsdistorted reporting and lying through omission haven't succeeded in completely fooling those people. And when they get
51:1951 minutes, 19 secondssome of the facts, they pretty quickly learn learn what's going on. And I think we can reach them.
51:2551 minutes, 25 secondsDo you ever despair? Do you ever Are you ever um overwhelmed by how hard this is?
51:3151 minutes, 31 secondsI think sometimes it's I'm overwhelmed at how hard it is. Uh I think sometimes I there are times that I can, you know,
51:4051 minutes, 40 secondsjust feel depressed about it. But I think when it I you know sometimes you you do you just
51:4951 minutes, 49 secondssee another atrocity that happened and the media are covering it up or completely mis misreporting it. So there
51:5751 minutes, 57 secondsare times when you can just feel furious and outraged knowing what's going on and depressed that it's still they're still
52:0552 minutes, 5 secondssucceeding in doing that. But it doesn't last long. I think mostly it just makes me more determined more determined that I'm not going to let this continue.
52:1452 minutes, 14 secondsUm, what have your nemesis tried to do against you? Do are there any specific things?
52:2052 minutes, 20 secondsWell, luckily, you know, it may get I I I worry the one thing that's a little bit worrisome is
52:2852 minutes, 28 secondsyou want to be more effective, but you know, the more effective you are, the more I'll be attacked. So, as I become more effective, you know, I know the
52:3652 minutes, 36 secondsattacks will probably go grow worse and be they they're very effective at what
52:4252 minutes, 42 secondsthey do. So, I don't know quite what what will happen. Uh, but so far the
52:4952 minutes, 49 secondsattacks are mostly trying to defame me and it's done at every level. It will be done by outrageous websites calling me
52:5752 minutes, 57 secondsnames. it will be done more subtly by people that are supposedly pro Palestinian who will say things that are
53:0453 minutes, 4 secondsdefamatory about me or or untrue about me. So I think the worst thing that's being done is is just trying to
53:1353 minutes, 13 secondsuh falsify the human the kind of person that I am about Zionism and the all the the leftist peace groups and stuff. I hear
53:2053 minutes, 20 secondsstories here that Zionists within the peace groups succeed and kill sensor things there too. Do you have any experience with that?
53:2853 minutes, 28 secondsUm, yeah. I think there's an effort, you know, with any movement to infiltrate it
53:3753 minutes, 37 secondsand to try to change it and get control of it. It's sort of like um I I think that more and more Americans are
53:4453 minutes, 44 secondslearning the fact. So, it's sort of that there's this crowd.
53:4953 minutes, 49 secondsLet's look at a stampede of cattle or something. I don't mean that in a bad say good cattle doing a good thing. Then what you want to do is get to the head
53:5753 minutes, 57 secondsof it. Remember those old westerns I used to watch?
54:0154 minutes, 1 secondYou gallop to the head of it and then you turn it in the direction you want it to go. So I think there's an effort to
54:0854 minutes, 8 secondsco-opt a movement for justice and full information and get in charge of it and
54:1554 minutes, 15 secondsthen no longer will it be seeking to achieve full justice. It will still be protecting Israel and injustice. I'm
54:2354 minutes, 23 secondsit's I want to protect all human beings, but I don't want to protect systems of injustice that are hurting human beings.
54:3054 minutes, 30 secondsAnd I'm afraid that there's there's this co-optation that goes on that is attempting to prevent movements from being successful in doing that.
54:4054 minutes, 40 secondsFor those who would call you a fanatic and zealot and all that, who are you? If you were going to talk to just your average person, how would
54:4854 minutes, 48 secondsyou describe yourself? Well, I think again that's one of again there are many clever ways to try to undermine someone
54:5554 minutes, 55 secondsor make them seem abnormal and to call me a zealot or you know I've heard that before or you know I guess I that's the word I've mostly heard.
55:0655 minutes, 6 secondsBut another word I I think the one I'd like to use that I've heard more often is dedicated, committed. Um p we believe
55:1555 minutes, 15 secondsin perseverance. My grandmother used to say gumption. I think I'm somebody that has gumptions.
55:2255 minutes, 22 secondsI try to. And uh so I I think I'm really a fairly normal person. I've raised children. I have grandchildren. I love
55:3255 minutes, 32 secondsthem. Um so I I don't think I'm that different. I think I have had a I have
55:3955 minutes, 39 secondsopportunities at a point in my life and that's that other people didn't have.
55:4455 minutes, 44 secondsAnd uh you know maybe
55:5155 minutes, 51 secondsyou know I I I'm sort of just a normal person that has tried to help on issues
55:5855 minutes, 58 secondsof injustice before. I've never been a major leader, but I've certainly tried to do it in my journalism. I think people back in Salelito can tell you
56:0756 minutes, 7 secondsthat my articles often were trying to shed light on on cases where people were
56:1456 minutes, 14 secondshaving problems and being victimized, that sort of thing. So, you know, it's I it's not hard to look into my life
56:2256 minutes, 22 secondshistory and I'm, you know, just a normal American.
56:2856 minutes, 28 secondsOkay. Um I was troubled by the presentation. It's um it was a total blame the Jews approach. Um the whole
56:3456 minutes, 34 secondsproblem with the um Israel lobby blaming everything on the Israel lobby is that itarkens back to the protocols of the
56:4256 minutes, 42 secondselders of Zion. The infamous forgery done by the Russian secret police which is now taken as fact throughout the Muslim world and is actually enshrined
56:5056 minutes, 50 secondsalong with the Torah and the Talmud in an Egyptian museum from what I hear. Um it's anti-semitism. It's updated instead
56:5856 minutes, 58 secondsof blame the Jews. Now it's blame Israel.
57:0157 minutes, 1 second[applause]
57:0857 minutes, 8 seconds[applause]
====
118 Comments
=====
@vampireducks1622
4 months ago
I'm glad this organization exists. Thanks for uploading.
50
Reply
@1ag18
4 months ago
She is so strong!
39
Reply
@nazmul_khan_
4 months ago
God bless this woman...............
24
Reply
@RussellAlami
4 months ago
“To know who rules-over you , first look at who you can’t criticize”
33
Reply
@luckydog7226
4 months ago
AIPAC must register as a foreign agent.
42
Reply
2 replies
@Dr.Ahmed.Tah81
4 months ago
Honestly, I want to thank you 🙏🏻 for this channel. Most of these anti Zionist activists and intellectuals have never heard about them, they have been viciously suppressed, most of them are really thoughtful and courageous, very few people have their integrity.
Thanks again for this great project, against genocide, Jewish supremacists, terrorism
29
Reply
@tonyedward6909
4 months ago
Allison is the bravest woman in the world!!
20
Reply
@orangutanfan3179
4 months ago
Alison is my hero, she's a living legend.
13
Reply
@nathaniel.youtube
4 months ago (edited)
Notice how the actually biased journalists said Arabs and not Palestinians. That was done on purpose because all Zionists truly believe in ethnically cleansing all Palestinians. It is shameful what Israel has done in the last 100 years. We have all seen and known people who were abused, tortured and kicked out of their homes. I personally have more 100 stories of family and neighbors.
25
Reply
@michelle12345-y
4 months ago
Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion describes eerily accurately the world we're living in particularly in the United States.
16
Reply
1 reply
@huntercoxpersonal
4 months ago
This is a combination of amazing unintentional ASMR and brilliant journalism on one of the most important censored topics… 🙌🏻
20
Reply
@vintagestrings6
4 months ago
Can't speak about genocide can't speak about West Bank atrocities can't speak about apartheid persecution land theft because your anti-Semitic these people are freaking nuts
29
Reply
@bobzaba4842
4 months ago
The Protocols are being realized in front of our very eyes...
7
Reply
1 reply
@mickeybee9
4 months ago
As a woman myself…It is so refreshing to see how she maintains her composure and sticks to the facts without getting wrapped up in her emotions. I aspire to be more like her.
5
Reply
@huntercoxpersonal
4 months ago
Hearing Allison speak makes the responses from the critics afterwards feel so corny and shallow. 😂
31
Reply
@Hands2HealNow
4 months ago
Anyone who pays attention knows the AIPAC LOBBY and BB himself have set goals against critical voices of Israeli war crimes, aparthide, and political opposition to free speech.
12
Reply
@ronblevins3346
4 months ago
Dr. Alan Sabrosky; former intelligence officer in the USMC and former director of studies at the US Army War College; is actually known for saying “if Americans knew that israel was behind 9/11, that state would be obliterated”.
57
Reply
9 replies
@LanceMonarch
4 months ago
that youtube note just confirms she's right
6
Reply
@seansdoghouse
3 months ago
Alison Weir's 'Against Our Better Judgement' is a very well researched and cited book.
4
Reply
@slampersand3145
4 months ago
I love her!
7
Reply
@LowkeyTryhard
4 months ago
They prefer the cult over their neighbors.
4
Reply
@michelerobinson4815
4 months ago
She's such a great person!
2
Reply
@muhammadfurqanahmed9529
4 months ago
What a beautiful human. Thanks for your hard work, Alison.
3
Reply
@master_of_intrigue
4 months ago
I saw her presntation in St. Louis, there was a guy in the back row photographing everyone, furiously, you should have seen his face.
3
Reply
1 reply
@melinatedvessel6840
4 months ago
How silly of those 3 grown men , whom needed her to draw evey little detail out for them to get a understanding of what she was saying.
Its not blame the Jews,but its blame whomever the perpetrators are,whether its Jews or not.
People are not afraid for no good reason.
Of course its not every Jewish person that's involved in pushing these things.
But, a pattern of behavior that negatively effects others should be examined,and examined thoroughly!@
When you do the historical reading needed its actually so easy to see and understand that their indeed is a pipeline created by the few,
and that the many others go through for personal gains,power and the protection thereafter !@
Period Point Blank!@
Additionally those men reaction is why Americans are constantly being called dumb & naive.
Literally no real curiosity ,smh!@
13
Reply
1 reply
@presidentgas4486
4 months ago
This was on the ADL website Feb 2nd 2022. A few weeks later they removed it and changed the wording. You can go on the way back machine to find it but I did a date time screenshot.
What is Racism? | ADL
Anti-Defamation League racism
Racism is the marginalization and/or oppression of people of color based on a socially constructed racial hierarchy that privileges white people.
4
Reply
@namc875
4 months ago
She mentions so many NYT writers who are from "that" country.
3
Reply
@maryglosik3653
4 months ago
Ms Weir is being bullied and silenced because of opposition to her right to a civil opinion on Israel and Jewry. This intimidation will either stop of its own accord or the inevitable backlash will result. People must be free to honestly and courteously express their views on any subject they wish. Thank you Ms. Weir for your integrity.
13
Reply
@bobzaba4842
4 months ago
That man is correct in saying that the Protocols are a 'forgery''... They are a forgery of the Talmud.
2
Reply
@Hands2HealNow
4 months ago
The obstruction of the rights of "if Ameruca only knew" to advertize her factual information by AIPAC is clear ɓias at least and tteasonous fascism by the foreign nation.
4
Reply
@presidentgas4486
4 months ago
The Jews have to free themselves of this atheistic existentialist Political Zionism
3
Reply
@sundroppp
4 months ago
This interview was from 2010!!!! This problem has been going on for 75 years and ppl have been trying to expose it but wouldn’t allow it until recently after the Palestinian Holocaust by Israel, but laws and policies are still desperately trying to silence anyone and everyone who presents both Israel and Palestine perspectives. It feels planned and for a reason that is even more evil than we can imagine bc the Zionist elite have so much power and control, why are they allowing videos talking against Israel to go viral now?! I think what they have planned for the future is even worse and far darker than we can imagine. Pray for peace, pray for change, pray for america and the whole world. Few trillionaires with similar interests seem like they are acting behind the scenes to carry out their dangerous motives and it’s very scary. Every politician first and foremost has to dedicate their entire career and life to Israel before even starting their work in American politics (minus Thomas Massey and Zohran mamdani pretty much).
3
Reply
1 reply
@mrcleanse522
4 months ago
as it says in the bible 'for fear of the jews'...... and its about their tribe.. very united
5
Reply
2 replies
@bobzaba4842
4 months ago
What where the Protocols a 'forgery' of, exactly ? LOL
1
Reply
1 reply
@patm6704
4 months ago
The problem which enables the massive power of AIPAC etc. is in plain sight but totally ignored i.e. fake democracy fraudulently disguised as real democracy.
The 20 year-long Princeton University research in 2014 revealed/confirmed the US is not a democracy or a republic, it’s a corporate-controlled oligarchy which serves the corporations, not the people.
3
Reply
3 replies
@NotSure421
4 months ago
Regarding the comments at the beginning : would these gentlemen request there would be balanced views on Germany during WW2? I don't think so.
3
Reply
1 reply
@sundroppp
4 months ago
How does this channel not have MILLIONS OF FOLLOWERS AND VIEWS?!? It’s being suppressed, hidden, & silenced bc it’s not a plant from CIA or intelligence or govt like the John Kiriakous, tucker carlsons, and Joe Kent’s. Pls everyone be careful who you trust and question EVERYONE and everything and do your research on the ppl you think you can trust bc they likely lead back to intelligence, military, or billionaire Zionists and or their causes.
3
Reply
@melinatedvessel6840
4 months ago
All others are capable of, and could easily create such a pipeline for their group's, but most know think it's unfair, and immoral!@
Umm, unfortunately I do think now though, that will change and as more folks get a better understanding of what's been going on,
they'll feel that the only way to actually compete in America is to create their own similar pipeline's ,
3
Reply
1 reply
@YAELDKORIN
4 months ago
It’s interesting that Zionists always want to have the discussion that includes “both sides” when Zionism is being criticized and presented as a major cause for the Israeli occupation and cleansing of Palestinian lands and properties. But check out their presentation of the ongoing conflict. Who is the responsible party? Always the Arabs, occasionally will admit the existence of the Palestinians. Never discuss both side of the historical events.
1
Reply
@annastinehammersdottir1290
4 months ago
'Semitic' is a language group: it is not a religion or a race. 'Anti' is Greek for 'in place of' and therefore it is obvious to see that the 'anti-Semitism' is being fomented by the Europeans of 1srael onto the Arabs (Muslims and Christians) of Palestine who speak a Semitic language called Arabic. Modern Hebrew is also considered Semitic but its rise came out of Babylon and maturation in Kazharian Europe: it is the source of this historical misnomer and psychological operation. Anti-Zionism is a more truthful name for the movement against the diabolical works of genocide.
2
Reply
1 reply
@michelerobinson4815
4 months ago
Public radio is definitely zio all over USA. I can't even listen to their biased coverage of the last few years. It's disturbing.
1
Reply
1 reply
@MxyzPi
4 months ago
One might be persuaded that Allison Weir's presentation of historical record was biased and one-sided; if Israel had not also presented that historical record and actually recorded, celebrated and bragged about those events.
Because I can't think of a single assertion which hasn't been taken credit for.
1
Reply
@megand8746
4 months ago
NO SOUND!!!
1
Reply
1 reply
@HypocrisyNoticer
4 months ago
Can’t hear any audio when lady speaks but the subtitles work very strange just a cohencidence I’m sure
Reply
@megand8746
4 months ago
Why is there no sound???
1
Reply
2 replies
@Steppenwolf287
4 months ago
Can everyone hear her voice? She seems to be muted.
Reply
1 reply
@megand8746
4 months ago
You are being silenced
1
Reply
1 reply
@SpecialSP
3 weeks ago
It's supposedly antisemitic to say that israel controls the media.
Maybe, Bibi should stop bragging agout the control that he has been a part of through Larry Ellison and Bari Weiss!!!
Reply
@SpecialSP
3 weeks ago
Antizîonism is NOT Antisemitism . Full Stop .
Antizîonism is the same as Anti-Nazism /
2 sides of the same coin!
Zïonism has NOTHING to do with Judaism
Reply
@lifelovegivehug
4 months ago
35:40 she mis-spoke herself about the bias direction....
Reply
1 reply
@BIBLE-lifesfundament
4 months ago
2 timothy 2:15 KJV – John 5:39 KJV – Proverbs 4:7 KJV – John 8:32 KJV = Matthew 11:28 KJV Robert breaker, Gino Jennings, Stephen Darby Ministries, Dr Peter Ruckman
Man, you are to come to Luke 5:32 KJV and John 3:7 KJV, so that you could be:
Matthew 5:13 KJV Mark 9:50 KJV Ephesians 5:8 KJV
Reply
===
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기